Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Bring the Love

From Andrea and Susan - The Mazel Tov Glass team

The decision has been made to remove Kanik’s breathing tube tomorrow, Wednesday, December 4th at 10 am. 

This has been a sad process but also an amazing one. It's a gathering and sharing of friends, our glass community, and a diverse family, to say farewell to an amazing person and phenomenal artist, Kanik Chung.

Tomorrow we will be gathering from 2:00pm on at 708 Greenwich Street
(between 10th and Charles Sts.) 
#1A 
212-627-8640

Directions from Sloan*:
Take the 67th Street bus cross-town to Columbus Ave. and transfer to the #1 subway downtown to Christopher Street Station
Or
Walk to 63rd and Lexington Ave and take the F subway downtown to West 4th Street Station and walk west on Christopher St.

*I also suggest we take several cabs and split the fare.

Bring stories, photos, and memories. Be prepared to laugh, cry, and attempt to cope with this tremendous loss.

We will miss you Kanik. 






5 comments:

  1. Nature, receive him; the Ancestors, welcome him; the Gods, embrace him. Blessed be, Kanik.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out that Kanik has been sick---I had no idea. I am so so so so shocked and sorry to hear this. I wish I had known so I could have helped in some way. Kanik helped blow all my pieces when I had a fellowship at Urban Glass in 2009. He was amazing, an incredibly sweet, joyous and kind person. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From a cancer survivor, I applaud you, Kanik, for living this very difficult time with joy, integrity, talent, and generosity. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peace be upon him and condolences to all his family and friends. I am happy to have shared our time in school together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about his illness. Kanik and I went to Gunn together. This news has made me very sad. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. My prayers and thoughts are with you during this sad moment.

    ReplyDelete